About the Course
Managing incidents, and the response that is put forward by an organization falls directly under the duties of a CISM. Organizations must have a plan in place, and must know the steps they will take to deal with incidents when they occur. This course examines what incident management is, how responses are prepared, and concepts and technologies that are used when dealing with incidents. This course also looks at the principles, importance of, and outcomes of incident management and how the information security manager, with the approval of senior management, prepares the people and the resources of the organization to deal with incidents when they occur. Finally, this course explains the steps for conducting a business impact analysis as technique used in effective incident management.
- Incident Handling Process and Analysis
- Preparing for an Incident
- Creating Incident Response Requirements
- Developing Incident Handling Capabilities
- Identifying and Response – 6 Steps
- Containing a Problem to Preserve Mission Resilience
- Identifying and Eradicating the Problem
- Recovery System Data, and Restoring to Normal Operation
- Setting up Operations
- Lessons Learned and Follow-up Reporting
- Windows Response Skills
- Linux/Unix Response and Analysis
Students need to bring a computer to class network interface adaptor. Also, students will need to download sample tools or resources as a part of the classroom activities. Internet access will be provided in the classroom to access these resources using a dedicated wireless network. Therefore, student laptops should come capable of accessing wireless networks and students should have the ability to configure all wireless network settings on their machine. So Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Who Should Attend
Attend this course if you are responsible for managing your organization’s information security incidents.
Basic knowledge about operating systems and network equipment.
What You Will Receive
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
- Pen and notepad
You Will Be Able To
- Identify the tasks within the incident management and response job practice area
- Recognize incident management planning considerations
- Order the steps in the incident management process
- Recognize the elements of an incident management plan
- Match causes of challenges in developing an incident management plan with corresponding solutions
- Recognize key points related to incident management planning